Wednesday, February 25, 2009

homemade play doh

I made play doh with the girls on Sunday. It's easy and less messy than marshmallows. That being said I would still make marshmallows again even though they are sticky and messy. Because they are easy to actually make. Just a pain to clean up after.

I followed this recipe:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar

a few drops of food coloring at the end

Mix everything except the food coloring in a small saucepan over medium heat. It said low in my recipe but I don't believe in low unless you are simmering something. Low is hard on a gas range. Anyhow once it turns into dough and not just goop, take it out and knead the dough on a floured surface until cool enough for kids to touch. Divide and add your food coloring in however you see fit. We did 4 colors. Knead it until it is evenly mixed in.


It was fun and the dough is great. I will most likely never buy the stuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment