Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

It's my birthday tomorrow. Oh my goodness am I excited. I got a lovely pale blue sweater from Boden and a cute coral color wallet/clutch thing from Hobo. If I had better computer skills I would link to them here. You will just have to take my word that they are indeed cute.

I have done nothing for this blog. I thought I would me yakking from the rooftops that guess what I have a blog. The truth is I think I would make a better zine. I think it must be the photocopying and handwrittenness of it. I think I need something a bit more old-fashioned. Anyhow I did just start. But I think I might make a zine and leave them around town. That might be my pet project this summer. I think summer is going to be a relief. Miriam just isn't in school enough for me to have loads of free time to do things. I really can just get the simplest of things done. Perhaps when she is in all day school that will happen. Anyhow I think both the girls would like to do a zine together. And I think not having to get the girls up and to school and back and pack Edith's lunch will be a big help to me. I envision them playing in the yard or at Grant Pool and I can work on a zine. It will be a summer project for us too. Edith is such a good drawer that I won't even have to do that! I think we will just be less rushed.

Anyhow I'm going to try and take a family photo tomorrow night. I like looking at family photos of us in the past. I always hate the most current one. But then a year goes by and I think how young and great I look. So I will do that. I think we are having a fairly simple birthday. The economy has hit us a bit in that David is only working 3 out of 4 weeks. I'm alright with that though, we are getting by and it's nice to have him around more. We are going to go to Por Que No and drink lots of margaritas and eat tacos. And I believe he is making me a nice lemon cake.

1 comment: