Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break might break

I took the girls swimming to the new East Portland Pool. It's such a great pool and it's nice to have a pool like that closer to us. Mt. Scott was quite a trek for us. Because of Spring Break the water slide was open so you could not have made for two happier girls than Miriam and Edith. I kept up with them the whole time. We had such fun. And then we came home and I realized how tired I was. Oh well, I feel fine today. But I was really tired last night from keeping up them. The tables have already turned on me! I thought I had until they were a bit older.

Today we are off to OMSI and Voodoo Doughnuts. We haven't been to the one on this side of town yet. Because we are more croissant eaters than doughnut eaters.

I'm a bit sad the birthday is over, but it's so nice having the week with the girls. Not that we don't have our moments of unhappiness. But we all desperately needed a break from our normal life and a chance to sleep in a bit. I'm actually glad that we didn't go somewhere. Although we are going to go to Seattle for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to that. But I'm glad we didn't have to drive or fly anywhere major. And our travel stipend will be quite good for when we go to Vancouver B.C. this summer. I'm hoping we can go for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment