Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gingerbread!

I'm making this gingerbread from Smitten Kitchen with the addition of pears.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/12/gramercy-taverns-gingerbread/

It's in the oven right now and we'll see how it turns out shortly. I'm hoping really tasty. I had something very similar at Ken's Bakery over Christmas and thought I'd try and do my own. Also I plan on having several white port and club sodas with a twist of lime this afternoon. It is a leisurely Sunday after all.

I have enough yarn to knit several pairs of socks so I will be a knitting fool over the next few months. Must post a picture soon.

2 comments:

  1. That was the best gingerbread I have ever tasted...not too rich and with that slightly caramelized crust!!!...YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! I just realized I met the Pearl Bakery, not Ken's.

    ReplyDelete