Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pizza night...the feeling is right!


I can't commit to making homemade pizza once a week. I just need too much variety in my diet. However I can't speak highly enough of it. In the beginning we had some kinks with it but finally we have ironed them all out. So I would dare say we can make a very tasty pizza. I think that pizza is like pie or quiche really. Once you master it, it's easy, but there is a bit of a learning curve. Like anything else you just got to give it ago. There are so many how to make pizza tutorials out there so I'm not going to add one. However here is my "wisdom".


1-make smaller pizzas so everyone can make their own.

2-whole milk mozzarella, really! The part skim stuff will just make it watery. If you use fresh mozzarella give it a little squeeze to get some of the liquid out. I would rather have a little of the good stuff than extra of the less good stuff myself.

3-anything goes with pizza so add what you like and make it seasonal. Fresh tomatoes and basil in the summer and butternut squash in the winter.

It's a great meal for the whole family because all kids love pizza.


I downloaded a project/pattern fromm kingpod.com today for Houseslippers. I'm anxious to see how they turn out. They look fairly simple. Now I just need to find time to go to Fabric Depot. And I'm hoping I can adapt the pattern to fit the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment